Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Puerto Ricans

I know I know I already sound racist, but I'm not. I have a very diverse assortment of friends. But there is a problem with some "Puerto Ricans".
Ok, I live in central Florida, and have for a while. In the last 5 years or so I have seen the most "Puerto Rican Pride" ever. My school is infested with hispanics. I have a couple of problems.
Problem number one: Too much pride. They have too much pride in "their country". Everywhere I go I see those stupid 'Mi orgullo' stickers on everyone's car. Which means my pride or my flag or somethin'. My problem with that is they live in the USA and 95% of them have never stepped foot in P.R. I'm Irish but you don't see me with Ireland pride on my car, cause simply I've never been there, probably never will.
Problem numero dos (help the spanish speakers): They all think they are from New York. Yet again 95% probably haven't been there. Yay go New York!!
Problemo numero tres: The music. It is all over the pop music stations. It's frankly quite annoying. If I can't understand it and 85% of the listeners can't understand it don't put it on my channel. An example is Daddy Yankee. How are you seriously gonna be called Daddy Yankee when you are not American. Good job bright one.
Problemo numero quatro: The language. I have no problem with the Spanish language but when I go to McDonald's to get a cheeseburger and you can't understand me because your dumb ass can't understand our language then don't work at a language oriented job. Also everywhere I go I hear them mumbling on in Spanish. I can't stand it. When are you going to use Spanish here in America. Never!

This concludes my rant.
Have a smashing day,
Emcee Common

No comments: